VIKA Capitol, LLC is seeking a full-time Survey Crew Chief with direct working knowledge in all aspects of land surveying projects, including field data collection with conventional, robotic, and GPS instruments, reconnaissance for horizontal and vertical control or property corner evidence, field stakeout of building control and site features for future construction, set up and monitoring for settlement, detail measurements and recordation for as-builts.
Required skills include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in land surveying with, at least three (3) years as a full-time Crew Chief
• Working knowledge of mathematics as it relates to surveying (Geometry/Trigonometry)
• Able to operate, maintain, check and adjust instruments (Levels, Total Stations, Robotics, and GPS)
• Perform computations for boundary and construction stakeout
• Preparation of sketches of existing conditions
• Oversee, train, and be accountable for survey crew safety, actions, and work production
• Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather and site conditions
• Availability to work an extended schedule, including overtime and night work
• Valid Driver’s License with an excellent driving record
• Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills
VIKA Capitol offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, with a competitive benefits package. Compensation includes salary and bonus package based on experience and capabilities. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail with the title of the position as the subject line to Matt Hull – DCemployment@vikacapitol.com.