VIKA Capitol, LLC is seeking an entry-level Land Planner or Landscape Architect with 1-3 years of experience to join our staff in the DC office. The successful candidate should have a degree in planning or landscape architecture with a focus on urban design, entitlement, and mixed-use environments.
Our office provides planning, design, and engineering services to developers and municipalities in the District of Columbia. We strive to integrate the expertise of our various professions and other consultants and expect a well-rounded understanding of how the built environment is constructed. Most of our work is infill, transit-oriented development (TOD), and urban redevelopment. While our foundation is in entitlement work, we are building our design portfolio with a focus on placemaking, smart growth, and sustainable design principles. Thus, a desire to create environments that people take ownership of and pride in is essential. To help us continue this growth, the successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects, and coordinate with other disciplines within, and outside of the organization.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Landscape Architecture
• 1-3 years of experience
• Education and Exposure to urban design and mixed-use environments.
• Familiarity with regulatory codes and entitlement processes.
• Software proficiency: AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and SketchUp is required.
• Basic understanding of plant material, grading and drainage, and construction materials.
• Arborist Experience, Licensure is a plus
• Licensure is not necessary, but an anticipated part of your career development.
• To be considered for this position we may request work examples and references.
We currently offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement, and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us. VIKA Capitol, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement.
VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail with the title of the position as the subject line to Brian Ruhl– DCemployment@vikacapitol.com.