The DC Scholars Public Charter School is located at 5601 East Capitol Street in SE, DC. This renovation of the entire 72,100-SF building includes demolition and abatement; site work; new bio-retention facility; new windows; fire suppression; mechanical and electrical; and interior reconfiguration.
VIKA Capitol provided surveying, civil engineering, and landscape architectural services for this renovation, with an estimated construction budget of $12.3 million.
- Boundary and topographic survey
- ALTA survey
- Final site plan
- LEED coordination
- Site demolition plan
- Site and utility plan
- Erosion control plan
- Stormwater management plan for the new Department of Environment requirements
- Landscape plan
- Individual building plat for building permit
- Public space permit exhibits
- DC Water and Sewer Authority (DC WATER) coordination
- Construction administration