The Arris (Parcel N) is a luxury apartment building located at 1331 4th Street in the heart of The Yards neighborhood in Southeast Washington, DC.
Advancing the District’s and Forest City’s vision for a quality urban living experience in the rapidly growing Yards neighborhood, VIKA Capitol, LLC provided civil engineering, land development and site plan design for the redevelopment of the existing Parcel N site. This landmark project included 330 apartment units, 20,000 square feet of retail, 3-levels of garage parking and great views to the increasingly popular Southeast Waterfront. One of the challenges with this project was designing the garage over an existing 6’ diameter combined sewer.
Our services included:
- Boundary and Topographic Survey
- Survey to Mark Processing
- Final Site Plan
- Stormwater Management Plan and Design
- Sediment And Erosion Control Plan
- Landscape Plan Construction Documents
- Construction Plans And Specifications
- District of Columbia Water And Sewer Authority (DC WATER) Coordination
- District Department of Transportation Coordination
- District Department of Energy and the Environment Coordination
- Utility Coordination
- Public Space Permit Exhibits
- Water, Sewer, and Storm Drain Design