The 2 M Street, NE development is located in an emerging downtown DC neighborhood, just 12 blocks from the Capitol. This is a 315-unit, 12-story residential building with ground-level retail. Units include a mix of studio and one- and two-bedroom apartments.
The building has received a grant from DC’s Department of Energy and Environment to provide a cistern for water reuse to meet the proposed storm water management requirements for retention of a 1.2-inch storm event. In addition, cisterns and green roofs were installed to meet the Districts stormwater management requirements.
2M has applied for LEED Gold Certification based on a number of green features including rainwater harvesting and short walking distance to public transit.
VIKA Capitol’s services included the following:
- Boundary and Topographic Survey
- ALTA Survey
- Survey to Mark
- Final Site Plan
- LEED Coordination
- Site Demolition Plan
- Site and Utility Plan
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plans
- Stormwater Management Plan (for new Department of Environment requirements)
- Individual Building Plat (for building permit)
- Public Space Permit Exhibits
- District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority (DC WATER) Coordination
- Construction Administration