Honors and Achievements
Awards & Honors
VIKA Capitol was on the teams that won the following awards:
- 2017 NAIOP Award of Excellence, Best Master Plan/ Mixed-Use Project – The Yards
- 2017 NAIOP Award of Merit, Best Hospitality Project – Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington, DC – Capitol, Navy Yard
- 2017 NAIOP Award of Merit, Best Hospitality Project – POD DC
- 2017 NAIOP Award of Merit, Best Real Estate Transaction Sale or Re-capitalization $0 -25 Million – Eckington Park
- 2016 NAIOP Award of Excellence, Best Multi-Family Project – Park Van Ness.
- 2016 NAIOP Award of Merit, Best Multi-Family Project – 5333 Connecticut Avenue, NW.
- 2015 NAIOP Award of Excellence, Best Mixed Use Project – 14th and W Street, NW YMCA.
- 2015 NAIOP Award of Merit, Best Multi-Family Urban Washington, DC – Twelve12 (Parcel D in the Yards in SE).
- 2013 Engineering News Record Best Landscape Hardscape Urban Development Project – Washington Canal Park.
Among our numerous design achievements, we’re happy to highlight the following ribbon cutting ceremonies we’ve attended:
- Hilton Garden Inn at 22nd and M Streets, NW: Our office provided full civil engineering services.
- Washington Canal Park (an outdoor ice skating path and park): A $20 million project that provides a cistern for stormwater collection and reuse, supplying water for irrigation, the ice rink, and fountains in the park
- COSTCO & Lowes: the first store in DC for each of these big box retailers.